Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"SPOOKY, THE 13TH...THE SAGA CONTINUES!"

I've had a busy and rough day so didn't do much on Spooky. Wasn't even going to do anything at all but I couldn't resist those pretty amber eyes calling me! Just a wee little update though.

All I did was reinforce the darks with Derwent Artists Gunmetal and Blue Grey as welll as Faber-Castell Polychromos Indigo Blue. I lifted some lights I had lost with the putty eraser and blended everything with a tortillion dipped in OMS.

I'm not sure yet what I'm doing with the BG but the fact that Spooky was floating in the air was bothering me, so I dipped the tip of the DA Gunmetal in OMS and lightly applied underneath him to create a soft cast shadow, no commitments yet, just an idea.

For his cheeks, I wanted a very subtle value transition so I rubbed DA Gunmetal and Blue Grey in a small tea strainer to get a powdery concoction. I removed every bit of shavings from the tea strainer with a stiff toothbrush, then picked up the powder with a small make-up applicator and rubbed on the cheek letting it slowly fade to nothing.

That's all for now my luvs, I'm very tired and going to bed early with something soothing on my IPod (maybe Brahms?) and my beloved Dante's Divine Comedy, I can never get tired of this book, must've read it a million times and still....read it again an again. Let's see which circle of hell I'll pick today...Sloth XD !!!!!

Hugs,
Jade
Where I am: Cozy in bed with Dante (not what you're thinking!!!)
My mood: Exhausted
What I'm listening to: Brahms - Lullaby
What I'm reading: The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri

0 comments:

Post a Comment