Monday, February 23, 2009

"OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!"

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! I'm in the midst of a deep artistic panic! I've just completely ruined my fairy tale painting!!! I'm not sure whether to cry or scream, probably both or maybe I'll just howl!!!

All was going well, I had almost finished the main character in colored pencil, when I decided to do the background in watercolor. So, I took a moment to decide which pigment to use first, opened the box where the watercolor tubes are and reached for Dioxazine Purple. When I tried to unscrew the cap, the thing simply refused to open. I reached for my pliers hoping that'll do the trick and...disaster!!! The stupid, evil tube exploded!!! There was paint all over myself, my desk, and horror of all horrors - my painting!!! I immediately tried to wash away the paint by running cold water over it but to no avail. There were too many spots hopelessly stained, including the main character. I pretty much just want to curl up in a ball and cry...

Sorry for the rant, I had to get it out of my chest, I'm totally freaking out right now!!!

Hugs from a deeply distressed, tearful and floored Jade

3 comments:

Melissa M (Lagaz) said...

OMG Jade!! I so feel for you! I did that once, only with glue and pencil shavings! The darned things wouldn't come off!
And I had to start all over. There's no way to save it? Any pieces that you could salvage, like cutting it away and putting it on a new paper?
It's like having a part of your heart ripped out, isn't it? Gods I hate that feeling. Take a deep breath, relax...maybe something will come to you to save it.
You've got my prayers!

Katerina Koukiotis said...

((((jade)))
I'm so sorry this happened :(
i hate those watercolor tubes, why are they so difficult to open????
i had some accidents too with them, but not as sever as yours.
I usually have those dry parts around the cap fall in my tray i just hate it drives me insane.

I would get over this by saying this to myself...everything happens for a reason even if we don't understand it at the time but i would just start over as tough and hard as it is.

Jade Scarlett said...

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words girls. I truly appreciated it. I tried my best to save whatever I could in this piece, but it's just a real mess. I'm not quite ready to start it over yet, but may Kat is right and the second attempt will turn out so much better than the first, I'll forget all about the disaster.

Hugs,
Jade

Post a Comment