Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"MADEMOISELLE LAPINE"

I'm on a roll with my colored pencils and having lots of fun, finally! Now that I'm beginning to understand the medium, I'm getting more joy out of it instead of frustration and headaches. YAY!!! Fun is so good!!! And I'm really enjoying drawing cute animal characters, they're so sweet and whimsical, how can I resist???

Here's an ACEO I just finished today and it was done on Strathmore Art Again Desert Grey Paper with Prismacolors, Faber-Castell Polychromos and Derwent Colour Soft. I call her "Mademoiselle Lapine" (french for Ms. Bunny - just sounded more romantic in french ;-) therefore more adequate for a Valentine's Day flair.

The scan is not that good, it's lighter and brighter IRL, and none of the metallic details on her wings and background show at all. But hey, what's new, me not being able to scan a decent image, oh, well...Hope you like her.





Hugs,
Jade

0 comments:

Post a Comment