Monday, January 19, 2009

"MY FIRST FINISHED 100% COLORED PENCILS PIECE"

I haven't been around much for the past few days, trying to get some things done, and so much has happened around here! WOW, there are tons of new entries, it'll take me awhile to catch up with all of you girls. Tomorrow morning, I promise.


As I posted awhile ago, I've been trying to get acquainted with colored pencils for the past couple of weeks and try and complete a piece using cp's from beginning to end, not just as a finishing touch. Oh, well, it's been quite a trial and I've had a lot of difficulties along the way, this is a very hard medium to master compared to watercolor. Or so I think, at least based on how hard it was to get a piece finished that I wasn't completely embarassed to show ;-p Believe me, I have stacks and stacks of disasters sitting in a corner of my desk! There was so much to learn, so many different types of papers to try and find the ones I like best and also the different brands of pencils, some are hard, other are powdery and others are like butter, not to mention the many ways to blend the colors (definitely the most difficult part). Phew! That's a lot to take in!


I've learned quite a few techniques and picked up some tricks and tips from the links you girls have so generously shared. Thank you so much, it helped me a lot. So, without further ado, as promised before, I'm posting the first finished piece done completely in colored pencils, and even though it's far from great, I'm happy enough with it that I can post for all to see. Hope you like these two sweethearts, I'm really enjoying doing cutesy creatures.


"VALENTINE BUNNIES"

ACEO done on Strathmore Art Again Dusty Rose Paper with mostly Prismacolors and some Derwent Colour Soft, Faber-Castel Polychromos, Caran D'Ache Pablo and Lyra Rembrandt.


Hugs,

Jade


0 comments:

Post a Comment