Sunday, April 5, 2009

"WHAT DREAMS MAY COME"

I got up really early this morning and as I was drinking my coffee, I looked at little "Hope" who sits on top of my desk so I can remind myself, everyday, of how much progress I've made so far. Especially on the days when I feel everything I'm doing is not good enough, Hope is there to remind me otherwise.

Hope was the first drawing I did when I first found the courage to start my artistic journey. It took me 30 plus years to finally start doing what I've always loved and that happened four and half years ago, around November of 2004, when I began to realize my biggest dream - to be an artist. It sure took a long time to start, but once I did, I never looked back, and the day I stop making art is the day I'm in my coffin.

When I looked at Hope, then at the Saint Bernard I finished recently, I was pretty blown away by how much I've improved over the past four and a half years. All the endless hours of practice are sure beginning to pay off! I'm the happiest I've ever been in my whole life and my art has brought me so much joy and satisfaction, I can't even find words to describe.

So, without further ado, here she is, little "Hope" who started everything and will forever hold a precious spot in my heart:

"HOPE"
4"X6" Colored Pencil on Strathmore Drawing Paper
Conceived in the wee hours of a cold November night back in 2004




And the might Saint Bernard, born four years after Hope. I'm really pleased and happy at how much I've improved!



Have a peaceful and spiritual Sunday. Enjoy the company of your loved ones and nourish you soul!

Many hugs,
Jade

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have really come along way. I just love your St. Bernard....

Unknown said...

Wonderful work, I just love your St Bernard.
Art at it's best.

Post a Comment