Saturday, April 18, 2009

"SPENCER - A NEW CHALLENGE"

Top o'the morning to you all, me luvs! It's a beautiful day here in the Big Apple, perfect for a pic-nic at Central Park with a delicious Frappucino and some plein aire sketching. Am I going to do this? Nope ;p !!!

Just having a relaxing day, playing with my pencils, exploring a little something different. The poodle I started the other day is now going to be done with just an Ebony pencil, let's see what comes out of it. In this next step, I added another layer of graphite, smudged all over to establish the midtones and now the fun begins - modelling this sweet boy, let's call him Spencer, to give him shape and tri-dimensionality with nothing but the Ebony pencil and tortillions. The highlights I'll lift with mounting putty and a battery operated eraser. "Spencer" is being done on 5"X7" Strathmore Smooth Bristol Plate.

I do, however, plan on taking advantage of this gorgeous day and will go for a nice walk later and then to some cafe with tables outside, to enjoy a delicious iced latte and a good conversation with my best friend.




Many hugs and hope that the day is beautiful wherever you are.
Jade

0 comments:

Post a Comment