Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"SO MANY PAPERS, SO LITTLE TIME"

It's been a crazy busy day today, but I managed to finish the tiger. Didn't really like the way the cps behave over the workable fixative. I think it's the problem is the fixative. It's a different brand than what I used in the past, so I'm not giving up on laying the foundation with pastel pencils yet. What I'm going to do is buy another can of fixative, same brand I'm familiar with and do another test.


"MAJESTIC TIGER"
Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Pencils and Prismacolor Premier Colored Pencils on sand colored Canson Mi-Teintes - 9"X12"

I'm in the mood for playing with new and old things, so not only the new (old) fixative will be tested, but also some surfaces I haven't given a second chance because I didn't like them with cps only, but maybe I'll like it with a pastel pencil base. This is another tiger and I'm using a 5"X7" piece of U-Art Sanded Pastel Board 400 grit. So far, so good, love the way the pastels just cover the surface very quickly and blending is a breeze. This paper comes in many grits: 400, 500, 600 and 800. The higher the number, the finer the grit. I have a sample of each, had to start somewhere so I picked the coarser. We'll see...



This little kittie may redeem Art Spectrum Colourfix. I absolutely hated it the first time I tried this ground with cps. Even after sanding it to make it a smoother, still didn't like. Now with the pastel it's not so bad, and even though I've only done the first layer on the ears, I can already tell that the U-Art is far superior to Colourfix, which by the way, I sanded a little. It's an 8"X10" cream colored piece.



And this last one it's on a 9.5"X11.5" sheet of gray Hahnemmuhle Premium Velour Paper. I love this support with cps, and I'm loving it even more with pastel pencils. But oddly enough, I find that blending cps is easier than the pastel pencils on this surface. Oh, well, I'm not lacking in blending tools, just have to find the right one. This fella is first in line, so he'll be finished first, hopefully by tomorrow. Poor Deirdre, she never quite happened and this guy took her place, not fair...



Anyways, it's late and I haven't even cooked dinner yet. Better hurry since tonite my favorite show's on - Criminal Minds. Oh, I'm soooooo in love with Dr. Reid!!!

Nite, nite me luvs, sleep well and have sweet dreams.

Hugs,
Jade

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh lovely work Jade. I have the Pitt Pens but never used the Pitt Pastels. This is a beautiful work...Love the Tiger.

How is your heart throb..Dr Reid. :) :)

I Always enjoy visiting your Page.

A Lady's Life said...

Enjoyed this. Very good work.
Keep it up:)

Post a Comment