Friday, January 23, 2009

"MY SWEET PIPER"

Another weekend coming, I can't believe it's almost the end of January already! It seems like Christmas was just yesterday. I'm still mourning the end of it, so sad, I love all the decorations and the Christmas spirit in the air. Oh, well...eleven months and counting.

Busy day, trying to finish the last two ACEO's I have sketched, cleaning up, cooking, running errands, took my son to his doctor's appointment, and hopefully later I'll have time to do a little more painting and maybe finish one of the two cards. I don't know, we'll see, I'm not feeling that great, those shots I had yesterday are really bothering me, my arms are so sore and I might be coming down with another cold, heavens!!! How many have I had since winter started??? I'm so not allowing it to knock me down, I have too much going on to waste time with a cold. Making a hot tea right now and off to finish the few things I still have left to do so I can paint some more tonight.

Anyways, I want to wish everyone a wonderful weekend, relax and have fun. Before I go, I'll post a picture of an oil painting I'm working on, little by little. It's really fat now, so it takes a few days for a layer to be dry to the touch before I can glaze another one. And at this point, I'm only adding linseed oil to the paint, no turps at all, so that makes for a long wait between glazes.

Here she is, my darling sweet "PIPER". It's huge compared to even my biggest watercolor pieces, let alone the ACEOs!!! It's a 30"X40" pre-stretched canvas and there is a great sense of abandon painting it, with large brushes and swift strokes. There's no good light outside, so I took an indoor photo and the quality of it isn't that great, and I kinda cropped her lips, darn it! But you can get an idea of what she looks like. Hope you like her. When the oil is completely dry, I'll go over the entire thing with colored pencils.

Many hugs,
Jade


3 comments:

Dominic Philibert said...

Nice painting!!!

Jade Scarlett said...

Thank you so much for your comment.

Hugs,
Jade

Edo said...

Great pencil handling. love the rendering !!!

Post a Comment