Sunday, December 7, 2008

"THE VALUE OF A HANDMADE ITEM"

I've been crazy busy this weekend making a series of products for my Etsy store. So far, so good. I'm not as much behind my schedule as I thought I would be, but I'm nowhere near finished and I was hoping to be done by tomorrow. Oh, well, better carry on instead of whinning...

If only people realized how much work and love goes into handmade items they wouldn't complain so much when you say the price. It's such a shame that handcrafted items don't have nearly as much respect and consideration as it's deserved. Myself personally, I've taken the Handmade Pledge. I only give gifts that I either made with my own two hands or by the hands of a fellow artist. If all of us artists and crafters did the same (and I really mean it) our art and craft would grow in respect and value. Oh, well, better get down from my soapbox and go back to work... Should have some updates tomorrow, at least part of the gifts I created this weekend will be listed on my Etsy shop tomorrow evening at the latest.


Hugs to all, Jade

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Jade, this is for YOU! http://handmadecraftygoodness.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-am-spreader-of-love-lol.html

Jade Scarlett said...

Hya Jenna, yep, this is me. Thank you so, so much for stopping by. I feel so lonely here, I appreciate your company.

xoxo,
Jade

Post a Comment