Saturday, November 29, 2008

"X-MAS ELF"


Okay, I finished one of the X-Mas ACEO's I decided to do before going to bed. The other's gonna have to wait, I'm way too tired to finish anything else. Here she is, my little X-Mas Elf ACEO, an experiment with Prismacolor Markers and Colored Pencils combined. I have this huge set of Prisma Markers (the biggest one I think) and it has been sitting on a corner for years, so I decided to dig them up and have fun. All in all I say it was a pretty succesfull endeavor. After inking the whole drawing with a Rapidograph pen, I used the markers to lay flat areas of color all over the image. Then I started to shade and hightlight with Prismacolor Colored Pencils and gave some final touches with Metallic Acrylic Inks and Gouache. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and I'm definitely putting those markers to good use now that I know how much fun it is to paint with them. Besides, if memory serves me well, they cost me a fortune so might as well do something before they all dry up!Off to bed, now I'm really, really tired. But I can't wait to wake up and start painting again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment