Saturday, June 19, 2010

"FEET? WHY DO I NEED FEET WHEN I HAVE WINGS TO FLY?"

I'm always inspired by Frida Kahlo, my favorite artist of all time and after reading her journal, one entry prompted me to paint this, the one that Frida wrote after the doctors told her she would need to have her foot amputated. She wrote in her journal: "Feet? Why do I need feet when I have wings to fly? So sad but as always, Frida didn't let that break her down. If ever there was a human being that gave the strenght to carry on when I was down and beaten, that person is Frida Kahlo.

OSWOA done on Strathmore Cold Pressed Watercolor Paper with Twinkling H2Os (so yummy, I'm totally in love with that stuff!), Winsor and Newton Drawing Indian Ink, Embossing Pens and Embossing Powder, Glitter, Ribbon, Feathers, Silk Flowers, Sequins and Rhinestones.

Hope you have a wonderful and peaceful Sunday.

Hugs,
Jade

0 comments:

Post a Comment