Monday, May 31, 2010

"IN HONOR OF THE BEAUTIFUL MS. O'BRANNIGAN


I'm always dreaming of visiting Ireland and was just looking around places to stay and things to do in Dunleer (county Louth) where my great grandmother, Mary O'Brannigan comes from. Here's the most complete site I could find, great stuff: http://www.dunleer.net/

I'm proud to present my family's coat of arms. Beautiful, just like my great granny was, or so I'm told since there isn't a single picture left of her. Oh, well, I'm also told that the only physical trait I have that resembles her is my hair, long, dark and cascading in soft curls, and I've definitely inherited her stubborn personality, sweet silver bell singing voice and undying love of the old country. I so wish I could have met her and I've wished so hard and for so long, that I dream of her often, or at least what my mind has created of her. Just thought I'd share this tidbit about someone I love dearly.

Hugs,
Jade

0 comments:

Post a Comment