Friday, April 10, 2009

RED VELVET CUPCAKES AND A VERY WHIMSICAL NIGHT"

Top o'the morning to all of you, my luvs. This is going to be one quiet day, I can tell from all I've accomplished since 4:00AM when I woke up, baked a batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Sprinkles, had a shower while the cupcakes were in the oven and ate two of them with a nice cuppa Irish Breakfast Tea. Cleaned up the house a little, organized things a bit and by 6:30 I was already working on some very whimsical ATC's, using as models, my cupcakes and a bunch of daisies my son got me yesteday. I'm taking this online Whimsical Workshop and these were the assignements. But mostly, I did it just for fun. I played with those two cards, both done on Strathmore 4 Ply Bristol Vellum Board with Prismacolor Markers and Colored Pencils. Just experimenting with some whimsy, some simple shapes, stylization and color schemes, both split complementary btw. Hope they bring a smile to your face this morning.
For those of you who celebrate Easter or Passover, I wish you a wonderful holiday weekend, enjoy you loved ones and your time off and if you're christian, try to stop for a moment and reflect on the amazing sacrifice Jesus made for all of humankind. That's what Easter's all about, not the egg hunting or the chocolates (even though that's very good ;p)

I'm going to mass tonite and I'm planning on spending today in a peaceful and reflective frame of mind. Won't be online after this post but I'll see you all tomorrow.



Many hugs,
Jade

1 comments:

Rose said...

Dear Jade, I never did get my ACEO done, but working on it! It never ceases to amaze me at the amount of energy you have! Red Velvet cupcakes... oooh, how I wish i were in NY right now! You take it easy today and yes, reflecting heavily on the sacrifice our Lord and Savior made today 2009 years ago for all of us. We are not worthy. May the Lord bless you and have a very special Easter. xoxo Rose

PS Love your whimsys. :) They are GREAT!

Post a Comment