Friday, April 10, 2009

RED VELVET CUPCAKES AND A VERY WHIMSICAL NIGHT"

Top o'the morning to all of you, my luvs. This is going to be one quiet day, I can tell from all I've accomplished since 4:00AM when I woke up, baked a batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting and Sprinkles, had a shower while the cupcakes were in the oven and ate two of them with a nice cuppa Irish Breakfast Tea. Cleaned up the house a little, organized things a bit and by 6:30 I was already working on some very whimsical ATC's, using as models, my cupcakes and a bunch of daisies my son got me yesteday. I'm taking this online Whimsical Workshop and these were the assignements. But mostly, I did it just for fun. I played with those two cards, both done on Strathmore 4 Ply Bristol Vellum Board with Prismacolor Markers and Colored Pencils. Just experimenting with some whimsy, some simple shapes, stylization and color schemes, both split complementary btw. Hope they bring a smile to your face this morning.
For those of you who celebrate Easter or Passover, I wish you a wonderful holiday weekend, enjoy you loved ones and your time off and if you're christian, try to stop for a moment and reflect on the amazing sacrifice Jesus made for all of humankind. That's what Easter's all about, not the egg hunting or the chocolates (even though that's very good ;p)

I'm going to mass tonite and I'm planning on spending today in a peaceful and reflective frame of mind. Won't be online after this post but I'll see you all tomorrow.



Many hugs,
Jade

0 comments:

Post a Comment