Monday, April 13, 2009

"NEW COMMISSION - SPOOKY, THE BABY BLUE"

Hope all of you had a joyous and peaceful holiday weekend, whether you were celebrating Easter, Passover or just in for the family meal, the egg hunt and the chocolates. My weekend was very quiet and spiritual, didn't do almost any art at all, but had a wonderful time nevertheless.

Presently, I have to put all of my current projects on hold and start a brand new commission I just got today. Woo hoo, so excited, another commission!!! It's going to be a memorial portrait of a beautiful Russian Blue named Spooky. Here's the initial line drawing and this portrait will be started with Derwent Graphitints and then finished with Faber-Castell Polychromos and Prismacolor Colored Pencils on Strathmore Smooth Bristol Plate. The painting itself is 5"X7" but after matting and framing will probably be 11"X14" or 12"X16" depending on the client's preference.

Let's see how the Graphitints and colored pencils behave together on this surface and I'm planning on using the Graphitints dry only. I'll keep you posted with the progress and explain what I've done on each step. This initial pic is as bad as can get, but my camera is acting out and I had to use the scanner instead, which is always a big headache for me, never get anything good out of it. Nothing other than a line drawing done with an Ebony pencil was done so far.



Wish you all a wonderful and creative week, be kind to yorselves and let your creative juices flow freely and wildly.

Many hugs,
Jade

Where I am: A very peaceful land
My mood: Creative and busy
What I'm listenihg to: Pachelbel - Canon

0 comments:

Post a Comment