Saturday, January 31, 2009

"BUNNY LOVE"

I'm really in love with colored pencils and bunnies. So I decided to try a more realistic rendering of a bunny rabbit and I certainly learned from the best - Lee Hammond. She's an awesome teacher and does the kind of soft realism I like as opposed to photographic ultra-realism, not that I don't admire it, I most certainly do, I just don't have the patience required to render a subject to make it look like a photograph.

I'm really satisfied with this little fella, it turned out quite well for my first attempt at bunny realism.

Hope you like this cutie. It's an ACEO done on Canson Mi-Teintes Grey Paper (I used the smooth side) with Prismacolor Verithin and Derwent Colour Soft pencils. It was a pleasure to work with this grey paper and see the whites come to life. And the texture is also very pleasant, especially for the kind of short and chopsy pencil strokes I used to make the fur.




And this is my muse, my little Emma, who inspires me so much to create the cutest bunnies, but of course, don't tell her that or else she'll be impossible and brag to all the other teddies and then I'll have a teddy riot!!!




Bunny Hugs,
Jade

0 comments:

Post a Comment